Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that:
- Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
Reprinted from The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Lifts Lead the List
It used to be that the term plastic surgery was nearly synonymous with facelifts, and while they remain a popular option among patients, other types of lifts are surging.
Since 2000, ASPS statistics show considerable growth in:
- Breast lifts, up 89 percent (99,614 in 2015, up from 52,836 in 2000)
- Buttock lifts, up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000)
- Lower body lifts, up 3,973 percent (8,431 in 2015, up from 207 in 2000)
- Upper arm lifts, up 4,959 percent (17,099 in 2015, up from 338 in 2000)
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical and Minimally-Invasive Procedures
While procedures like upper arm lifts and lower body lifts have shown substantial growth, for the first time since at least 2000, facelifts slipped out of the top 5 most-performed procedures last year, giving way to tummy tucks.
Of the 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures, down 2 percent from 2014, up 31 percent from 2000)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures, up 5% from 2014 but down 37 percent from 2000)
- Nose reshaping (217,979 procedures, unchanged from 2014, down 44 percent since 2000)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures, down 1 percent from 2014, down 38 percent since 2000)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures, up 9 percent from 2014 and 104 percent since 2000)
Read more from the ASPS website
Liposuction is the most popular body contouring procedure for both men and women. Permanent removal of unwanted fat deposits by way of tiny incisions hidden in creases, with a few weeks’ downtime but permanent results! Learn more about Liposuction…
Our New Year’s gift to you! During January and February, Dr. Kenneth P. Gilbert, a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, will waive his consultation fee. Please call his Boston South Shore Plastic Surgery office at 617-479-1492 to schedule your complimentary consultation. You can discuss your options of looking and feeling your best in 2015! Make sure to mention this website promotion when you call our office!
Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body contours and proportion. Please call our office at 617-479-1492 to schedule a consultation to learn more about Liposuction.
reprinted from Time – It’s well known that gym membership signups spike on January 1. But there are other ways to kick off the new year with a new look. Cosmetic procedures soar at this time of year, and the “gifting” of plastic surgery is reportedly a rising holiday season trend. Read more: