A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
New statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show breast lifts have grown 70% since 2000, outpacing breast implants 2-to-1. Read more from ASPS
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment. Visit us to learn more at www.kennethgilbertmd.com
Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
Lifts Lead the List
It used to be that the term plastic surgery was nearly synonymous with facelifts, and while they remain a popular option among patients, other types of lifts are surging.
Since 2000, ASPS statistics show considerable growth in:
- Breast lifts, up 89 percent (99,614 in 2015, up from 52,836 in 2000)
- Buttock lifts, up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000)
- Lower body lifts, up 3,973 percent (8,431 in 2015, up from 207 in 2000)
- Upper arm lifts, up 4,959 percent (17,099 in 2015, up from 338 in 2000)
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical and Minimally-Invasive Procedures
While procedures like upper arm lifts and lower body lifts have shown substantial growth, for the first time since at least 2000, facelifts slipped out of the top 5 most-performed procedures last year, giving way to tummy tucks.
Of the 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures, down 2 percent from 2014, up 31 percent from 2000)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures, up 5% from 2014 but down 37 percent from 2000)
- Nose reshaping (217,979 procedures, unchanged from 2014, down 44 percent since 2000)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures, down 1 percent from 2014, down 38 percent since 2000)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures, up 9 percent from 2014 and 104 percent since 2000)
Read more from the ASPS website
Our New Year’s gift to you! During January and February, Dr. Kenneth P. Gilbert, a Board certified Plastic Surgeon, will waive his consultation fee. Please call his Boston South Shore Plastic Surgery office at 617-479-1492 to schedule your complimentary consultation. You can discuss your options of looking and feeling your best in 2015! Make sure to mention this website promotion when you call our office!
According to a study published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery—which involved asking over 1,300 people to look at pictures of naked boobies and rank them by hotness (stop laughing, this is serious research!)—people preferred a more “real” and “normal” look from their silicone, with the ideal breast shape having a 45:55 ratio. People said the best chests have 45 percent of the fullness above the nipple line and 55 percent of the fullness below, in a slightly teardrop shape. Researchers noted this preference remained consistent across gender, racial, and ethnic groups with the 45:55 ratio favored by 87 percent of women in their 30s, 90 percent of men, and 94 percent of plastic surgeons. reprinted from Shape magazine