I just attended the 35th Annual Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons conference held in Boston October 26 – 28. Below are a few topics that will be of interest to my patients. Call the office and schedule a consultation if you would like to learn more.
• Remarkable results shown with early molding of infant ear deformities that can obviate, or lessen, the need for later corrective surgery. The soft and pliable ear cartilage of an infant can be re-shaped with customized molds that are applied between 7 days and 3 months of age and the duration of treatment varies between 2 to 8 weeks, with minimal complications.
• The potential regenerative attributes of fat grafting in the treatment of plantar fasciitis, a common cause of chronic heel pain.
• Abdominoplasty (“Tummy Tuck”) dissection techniques that preserve more of the fatty layer on the muscular abdominal wall that can shorten, or eliminate, the need for post-operative use of drains.
• Studies showing further confirmation of the improved quality of life outcomes for breast reduction patients.
• A remarkable panel of colleagues presenting different techniques of approaching the aging neck.
• A number of presentations further refining and improving the cosmetic outcomes of both breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer and body contouring surgery after massive weight loss.
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment. Visit us to learn more at www.kennethgilbertmd.com
Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
(RTTNews.com) – Women undergoing reconstruction, augmentation or revision surgery now have another breast shaping option for a customized result as the FDA has approved another breast implant from the NATRELLE INSPIRA line of Allergan.
The new breast implant to receive a thumbs up from the FDA is NATRELLE INSPIRA round gel-filled textured breast implant. The smooth version of the NATRELLE INSPIRA round gel-filled breast implants was approved by FDA in February 2015. Read more
According to a study published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery—which involved asking over 1,300 people to look at pictures of naked boobies and rank them by hotness (stop laughing, this is serious research!)—people preferred a more “real” and “normal” look from their silicone, with the ideal breast shape having a 45:55 ratio. People said the best chests have 45 percent of the fullness above the nipple line and 55 percent of the fullness below, in a slightly teardrop shape. Researchers noted this preference remained consistent across gender, racial, and ethnic groups with the 45:55 ratio favored by 87 percent of women in their 30s, 90 percent of men, and 94 percent of plastic surgeons. reprinted from Shape magazine
Shaped Breast Implants Provide Natural Silhouette and Youthful Feel
Mentor Worldwide LLC, the U.S. market leader in breast aesthetics, today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved MENTOR® MemoryShape™ Breast Implants, providing new options for women looking for a more natural shape and youthful feel from breast enhancement or reconstruction surgery. Read More…
The Quincy Award Program has chosen Gilbert Kenneth Md for the 2013 Quincy Awards in the Plastic Surgery Physicians classification. Read More…