Plastic Surgery can help improve self confidence and enhance your image: breast reductions for both men and women, tummy tucks, liposuction, mommy makeovers, body contouring and eyelid surgery. Call our office to learn more.
I just attended the 35th Annual Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons conference held in Boston October 26 – 28. Below are a few topics that will be of interest to my patients. Call the office and schedule a consultation if you would like to learn more.
• Remarkable results shown with early molding of infant ear deformities that can obviate, or lessen, the need for later corrective surgery. The soft and pliable ear cartilage of an infant can be re-shaped with customized molds that are applied between 7 days and 3 months of age and the duration of treatment varies between 2 to 8 weeks, with minimal complications.
• The potential regenerative attributes of fat grafting in the treatment of plantar fasciitis, a common cause of chronic heel pain.
• Abdominoplasty (“Tummy Tuck”) dissection techniques that preserve more of the fatty layer on the muscular abdominal wall that can shorten, or eliminate, the need for post-operative use of drains.
• Studies showing further confirmation of the improved quality of life outcomes for breast reduction patients.
• A remarkable panel of colleagues presenting different techniques of approaching the aging neck.
• A number of presentations further refining and improving the cosmetic outcomes of both breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer and body contouring surgery after massive weight loss.
It seems like a simple question. “Is breast reduction surgery covered by health insurance?” But the answer can be very complicated and involve many variables. It is typically considered a cosmetic procedure until the patient can show an adequate number of related health issues and attempted remediation prior to undergoing corrective surgery. Read more from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts. Learn more from the ASPS…
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment. Visit us to learn more at www.kennethgilbertmd.com
I am often asked, “What operation has the happiest post-op patients?” The answer is easy – Breast Reduction.
These patients are so happy and grateful; it makes this one of my favorite operations to do. Often the patients come in for their post-operative check-up the next day, and they say they can already tell that their back and neck feel better. And the older patients say, “Why didn’t I do this years ago!” Read more about breast reduction…
Sick of breasts that were too large, she decided to do something about them
As far back as I can remember, I have always had big breasts. Even as a child, I never had a so-called training bra, as I jumped straight from wearing a little girl’s T-shirt to a C-cup when I was 13 or 14 years old. I didn’t merely bud but bloomed out entirely over the years, until my cups runneth and spilleth over into a 42-DDD. Read more… (reprinted from The Washington Post)