Plastic Surgery can help improve self confidence and enhance your image: breast reductions for both men and women, tummy tucks, liposuction, mommy makeovers, body contouring and eyelid surgery. Call our office to learn more.
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. This surgery can be performed on either the upper or lower lids, or both.
Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
Lifts Lead the List
It used to be that the term plastic surgery was nearly synonymous with facelifts, and while they remain a popular option among patients, other types of lifts are surging.
Since 2000, ASPS statistics show considerable growth in:
- Breast lifts, up 89 percent (99,614 in 2015, up from 52,836 in 2000)
- Buttock lifts, up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000)
- Lower body lifts, up 3,973 percent (8,431 in 2015, up from 207 in 2000)
- Upper arm lifts, up 4,959 percent (17,099 in 2015, up from 338 in 2000)
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical and Minimally-Invasive Procedures
While procedures like upper arm lifts and lower body lifts have shown substantial growth, for the first time since at least 2000, facelifts slipped out of the top 5 most-performed procedures last year, giving way to tummy tucks.
Of the 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures, down 2 percent from 2014, up 31 percent from 2000)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures, up 5% from 2014 but down 37 percent from 2000)
- Nose reshaping (217,979 procedures, unchanged from 2014, down 44 percent since 2000)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures, down 1 percent from 2014, down 38 percent since 2000)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures, up 9 percent from 2014 and 104 percent since 2000)
Has anyone asked you lately – are you OK? You look tired… BUT you feel fine?! This is the classic question for the patient who is nearing the time for eyelid surgery.
Eyelid surgery will freshen up the eye area, making you appear more rested, alert and even happy! And believe me, you will be HAPPY with how you look after this surgery. read more about eyelid surgery
reprinted from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons