Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
Lifts Lead the List
It used to be that the term plastic surgery was nearly synonymous with facelifts, and while they remain a popular option among patients, other types of lifts are surging.
Since 2000, ASPS statistics show considerable growth in:
- Breast lifts, up 89 percent (99,614 in 2015, up from 52,836 in 2000)
- Buttock lifts, up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000)
- Lower body lifts, up 3,973 percent (8,431 in 2015, up from 207 in 2000)
- Upper arm lifts, up 4,959 percent (17,099 in 2015, up from 338 in 2000)
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical and Minimally-Invasive Procedures
While procedures like upper arm lifts and lower body lifts have shown substantial growth, for the first time since at least 2000, facelifts slipped out of the top 5 most-performed procedures last year, giving way to tummy tucks.
Of the 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures, down 2 percent from 2014, up 31 percent from 2000)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures, up 5% from 2014 but down 37 percent from 2000)
- Nose reshaping (217,979 procedures, unchanged from 2014, down 44 percent since 2000)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures, down 1 percent from 2014, down 38 percent since 2000)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures, up 9 percent from 2014 and 104 percent since 2000)
Read more from the ASPS website
We wish you a happy and healthy 2016!
Considering breast augmentation, eyelid surgery or tummy tuck? Take advantage of our January promotion for a complimentary consultation with Dr. Gilbert. Make sure to mention this promotion when calling for an appointment at 617-479-1492.
Has anyone asked you lately – are you OK? You look tired… BUT you feel fine?! This is the classic question for the patient who is nearing the time for eyelid surgery.
Eyelid surgery will freshen up the eye area, making you appear more rested, alert and even happy! And believe me, you will be HAPPY with how you look after this surgery. read more about eyelid surgery
reprinted from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Over the years, eyelids can start to sag. Not only can they make a person look older, but they may feel very heavy. If you are experiencing droopy lids, you may wonder if an elective blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, is right for you.
Several changes occur in our eyelids as we age. By your late 30s or early 40s, the thin skin of our eyelids starts to lose its elasticity and begins to stretch, resulting in excess folds of skin that may actually hang down over the edge of the upper eyelids. In most people, this skin is the “first to go.” You may feel an extra heaviness in the upper lid or feel the skin sitting on your lashes. In some cases, a forehead lift might also be advised to increase peripheral vision. Reprinted from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons – read more…
Wishing all of our patients a happy and healthy new year! Take advantage of our January promotion for new patients (no consultation fee) to learn how we can help you look and feel your best in 2014!