More American spent more than ever on cosmetic surgery in 2016. The top most popular surgical procedures and their costs were: Breast augmentation (290,467 procedures): national average cost of $3,719, Liposuction (235,237 procedures): national average cost of $3,200, Nose reshaping (223,018 procedures): national average cost of $5,046, Tummy tuck (127,633 procedures): national average cost of $5,798 and Buttock augmentation (18,489 procedures) national average cost of $4,356. Read more from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment. Visit us to learn more at www.kennethgilbertmd.com
Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Are you thinking about finding the right procedure for a refreshed and natural look? The new year is a great time to look and feel your best. During the month of January, Dr. Gilbert will be waiving his consultation fee ($100). Make sure to mention this promotion when calling us at 617.479.1492 to make your appointment.
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin and, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many of us strive for through exercise and weight control. Sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals. Read more from ASPS
Lifts Lead the List
It used to be that the term plastic surgery was nearly synonymous with facelifts, and while they remain a popular option among patients, other types of lifts are surging.
Since 2000, ASPS statistics show considerable growth in:
- Breast lifts, up 89 percent (99,614 in 2015, up from 52,836 in 2000)
- Buttock lifts, up 252 percent (4,767 in 2015, up from 1,356 in 2000)
- Lower body lifts, up 3,973 percent (8,431 in 2015, up from 207 in 2000)
- Upper arm lifts, up 4,959 percent (17,099 in 2015, up from 338 in 2000)
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgical and Minimally-Invasive Procedures
While procedures like upper arm lifts and lower body lifts have shown substantial growth, for the first time since at least 2000, facelifts slipped out of the top 5 most-performed procedures last year, giving way to tummy tucks.
Of the 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in 2015, the top 5 were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures, down 2 percent from 2014, up 31 percent from 2000)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures, up 5% from 2014 but down 37 percent from 2000)
- Nose reshaping (217,979 procedures, unchanged from 2014, down 44 percent since 2000)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures, down 1 percent from 2014, down 38 percent since 2000)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures, up 9 percent from 2014 and 104 percent since 2000)
Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging fat and skin while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a more normal appearance with smoother contours.
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But after weight reduction surgery, or any substantial amount of weight loss, the skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size. Read more about body contouring