Plastic Surgery can help improve self confidence and enhance your image: breast reductions for both men and women, tummy tucks, liposuction, mommy makeovers, body contouring and eyelid surgery. Call our office to learn more.
Rejoice, Restore and Rejuvenate!
Wishing all my patients and their families a happy and healthy holiday!
Thanks again for your loyalty and business.
Dr. Gilbert and staff
I just attended the 35th Annual Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons conference held in Boston October 26 – 28. Below are a few topics that will be of interest to my patients. Call the office and schedule a consultation if you would like to learn more.
• Remarkable results shown with early molding of infant ear deformities that can obviate, or lessen, the need for later corrective surgery. The soft and pliable ear cartilage of an infant can be re-shaped with customized molds that are applied between 7 days and 3 months of age and the duration of treatment varies between 2 to 8 weeks, with minimal complications.
• The potential regenerative attributes of fat grafting in the treatment of plantar fasciitis, a common cause of chronic heel pain.
• Abdominoplasty (“Tummy Tuck”) dissection techniques that preserve more of the fatty layer on the muscular abdominal wall that can shorten, or eliminate, the need for post-operative use of drains.
• Studies showing further confirmation of the improved quality of life outcomes for breast reduction patients.
• A remarkable panel of colleagues presenting different techniques of approaching the aging neck.
• A number of presentations further refining and improving the cosmetic outcomes of both breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer and body contouring surgery after massive weight loss.
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. This surgery can be performed on either the upper or lower lids, or both.
Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
The most important factor in plastic surgery – the one that determines your safety and outcome – is your choice of plastic surgeon. As thoughts of swimsuits at the beach can prompt resolutions for self-enhancement, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is providing 8 essential tips for finding the right plastic surgeon and questions to ask during your consultation when considering surgical, as well as non-invasive, cosmetic treatments. Read more about choosing your plastic surgeon from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Male Breast Reduction (also known as gynecomastia) is the surgical correction of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men. Call Dr. Gilbert to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure or learn more from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.